Monday, February 28, 2011

Angel's Perch

Hello,

This blog is "written" by my main character, Madison Terrence. As the mere author of her story, I generally stay out of the way and let Maddy do the blogging. However, today I break character and come to you as Susan because I want to share a wonderful project that is coming to Cass, WV. It was the film's location and subject matter that hooked me.

Angel's Perch is an indie film set to begin production in the Fall of 2011. Much of it will be filmed in Cass, a scenic railroad town in the Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia. A more gorgeous backdrop I cannot imagine. As many of my blog followers and lurkers (go ahead and click to follow—I don't bite) may know, I was born and raised in Alleghany (with an "a") County, VA, just 24 miles from West Virginia. My parents took me and my brothers to ride the Cass Railroad some 35-40 years ago, and today it still steams passengers up to Bald Knob, the third highest point in West Virginia.

My paternal grandmother suffered from Alzheimer's as does a character in the Angel's Perch. I remember my grandmother would sit and regale me with vivid tales of her past, and yet, she didn't know who I was. Sometimes she would she my toddler and think it was me, still a youngster. Too many people have similar stories now.

"Set almost entirely in the small, historic logging town of Cass, WV, “Angel’s Perch” examines the delicate relationship between past and present, memory and loss."-source: http://angelsperch.com/synopsis/

Want to get involved with the project? Want to be a team member?
Click here!

SRR Colvin

No comments:

Post a Comment