Monday, May 24, 2010

Book Recommendations

Maddy here!

Everyone who knows me knows that I love to read. Naturally, I spend a lot of time reading and researching geology topics because I teach geology classes at the university here in Cavern City. I have to stay current in my field. I even keep a rock and mineral guide on my bedside table. Weird, I know, but it helps me sleep better.

I also read quite a bit of fiction. I've found a web site that brilliantly categorizes and recommends both fiction and non-fiction books. It makes the search for the next good read a snap. Now I spend less time figuring out what I want to read and more time actually reading.

The site is called Flashlight Worthy and they make book recommendations. ←Click and you will find 4,940 great books in 53 different categories and 383 unique lists.

Here are two lists I like:


  1. "5 Great Books for Strong, Adventurous, Smart Young Girls" http://www.flashlightworthybooks.com/Great-Books-for-Strong-Adventurous-Smart-Young-Girls/608
    (Of course I like those books!)


  2. "Good Books for Strong Girls in 3rd, 4th or 5th Grade"
    http://www.flashlightworthybooks.com/Good-Books-for-Girls-3rd-4th-5th-Grade/406
    (Remember - I'm still a 5th grader by day, geology professor evenings and weekends.)


That's all for now!

Maddy

No comments:

Post a Comment